About the name
I was nicknamed ‘Bubbles’ for being caught in an ‘unadorned’ manner wearing, or I should say holding nothing but a packet of Bubbles maize cheese flavoured chips. You can imagine hearing ‘hey, Bubbles!’ when being greeted every time by my close friends, I’d never live it down. Then I joined Twitter in 2009 and named my profile Hbubblesover, as it would be the place I’d bubble on, chirping away. Ten years later and the name lives on.
So it has no relation to champagne I’m afraid. Although I love bubbly and I am also rather effervescent like it.
A few random facts about me
- I like lists. I also like to leave them at home and then guess what’s on the list when I’m out shopping.
- I take the ‘R’ and ‘L’ on my headphones pretty seriously.
- I rarely get bored.
- I love to learn. LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, Google – I love them!
- I wake up naturally at 4am every morning.
- Then workout 3 times a week with weights, in the early morning.
- I nearly died once. Now I like to live.
- I love the smell of sawdust. I also think Champagne smells like sawdust. I obviously love Champagne.
- I’ve lived in Germany and the Seychelles for short periods in my life.
- I am an eternal optimist and love this quote by Robert Brault.. “Optimist: Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha”.